1. Identify the acid, base, conjugate acid, and conjugate base in the following reaction
HI(aq) + (CH3)2NH(aq)
2. Identify the Lewis acid and Lewis base in the following reaction:
Co2+(aq) + 6H2O(l)
3. Complete and balance the following reactions:
a. HNO3(aq) + H2O(l)
b. NH4+(aq) + H2O(l)
c. H2CO3(aq) + HS-(aq)
d. HCN(aq) + PO43-(aq)
4. Find the pH of the following solutions at 25 oC:
a. 0.0012 M nitric acid
b. 1.00 g of hydrogen bromide dissolved in 1.00 L of water
c. 7.3×10-5 M solution of calcium hydroxide.
5. Find the hydronium ion and hydroxide ion concentrations for the following solutions at 25 oC:
a. a perchloric acid solution with pH = 4.16
b. a solution prepared by dissolving 1.00 g of rubidium hydroxide in 1.00 L of water
c. a 9.2×10-4 M solution of magnesium hydroxide
d. a potassium hydroxide solution with pOH = 2.8
6. For each of the following, indicate the weaker acid.
a. H2S, H2Te
b. HClO3, HClO2
c. NH3, NH2-
7. A 0.0012 M solution of an acid was found to be 0.064% ionized at 25 oC. Find the pKa
of the acid.
8. Find the pH of a 0.21 M solution of hydrocyanic acid, HCN, at 25 oC.