|CHM112 Home Page||Reference Materials||Homework Assignments||Lectures||Exams & Quizzes||Grades||Study Aids||URI Home Page|
1. Complete and balance the following reactions:
a. HCO3-(aq) + H2O(l)
b. HPO42-(aq) + NaOH(aq)
c. Fe(NO3)2(aq) + H2O(l)
d. Mn(NO3)2(aq) + KOH(aq)
e. CaCl2(aq) + H2SO4(aq)
f. AgNO3(aq) + NaCN(aq)
2. On the titration curve shown, give estimates for the following: the pH at the equivalence point, the equivalence volume, and the pKa.
3. Consider a 0.35 M solution of aniline, C6H5NH2 at 25 oC.
a. What is the pH of the solution?
b. What is the pH of the solution if enough anilinium hydrobromide, C6H5NH3Br , is added so that the anilinium ion concentration becomes 0.35 M?
4. Consider cadmium hydroxide at 25 oC.
a. What is the molar solubility in pure water?
b. What is the molar solubility in 1.0 M Cd(NO3)2 solution?
c. What is the molar solubility in 1.0 M NH3 solution?
5. You are given 1.0 M solutions of sodium dihydrogen phosphate and sodium hydrogen phosphate. How many mL of each solution are required to prepare 100.0 mL of a buffer with pH = 7.00 at 25 oC.