|CHM112 Home Page||Reference Materials||Homework Assignments||Lectures||Exams & Quizzes||Grades||Study Aids||URI Home Page|
1. Complete and balance the following acid/base reactions. Label the acid, base, conjugate acid, and conjugate base for each reaction.
a. Ba(OH)2(aq) + HCl(aq)
b. C6H5COOH(aq) + H2O(l)
c. HClO4(aq) + H2O(l)
d. HN3(aq) + NH3(aq)
2. Find the pH, pOH, [H3O+], and [OH] for the following solutions at 25 oC.
a. 0.0048 M hydroiodic acid.
b. 6.2×105 M strontium hydroxide
c. A hydrofluoric acid solution with pH = 2.79
3. Indicate the stronger acid in each pair. Explain your reasoning in 5 words or less. For the stronger acid, write out the balanced reaction of the acid with water.
a. HNO3 vs. H2SeO4
b. H2Se vs. H2S
c. H3PO4 vs. HSeO3
4. Find the pKa for hyponitrous acid, H2N2O2, given that a 0.0039 M solution is 0.48 % ionized.
5. Find the pH of a 0.0055 M solution of ammonium ion, NH4+.